Our Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to our company; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data we may collect, how our company uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
Through our Web site (“Web Site”), our company will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by survey), provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Purpose of Use
When you do provide us with personal data, we usually use it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information. Also, to support our customer relationship with you:
- we may store and process personal data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services; or
- we (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal data to contact you about an offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand better our customers’ needs.
If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties, except to Almatis affiliates.
Our company will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
- is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Almatis’ information technology systems.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web Site, we may automatically collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web Site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Web Site to improve its performance or content.
“Cookies” – Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
When you view our Web Site, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your computer next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a Web Site to better match your interests. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, our company uses technical and organizational security measures.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Web Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites.
Questions and Comments