Almatis premium reactive aluminas have specially tailored grain sizes to meet the fired density and shrinkage requirements for precision ceramics. As the developer of reactive aluminas for ceramic applications, Almatis has perfected stringent process control systems to produce a tightly controlled product.
Reactive Alumina Applications
In the ceramic applications, high sinter reactivity can be achieved at lower sintering temperatures and wear resistance is excellent for both unground and superground reactives.
Reactive aluminas are valued raw materials used in the production of:
- High alumina technical & engineered ceramics, such as:
- Thread and wire guides
- High alumina wear resistant engine and pump parts
- Cutting tools
- Sealing rings and bearings
- Thermoelement tubes
- Electronic ceramics
- Metallized thick and thin film substrates
- High alumina (+99%) ceramic insulators