The Human Resources (“HR”) and Administration Manager has the overall responsibility for the Human Resources function at Iwakuni as well as various administrative activities for day to day operations. This position is accountable for ensuring that all human relations and payroll activities that include, but not limited to; recruitment, employee compensation and benefits, training & development, performance evaluation, employee relations, salary administration, labor union negotiation and relations, and personnel record-keeping, annual health check, employee communications, are in line with Almatis global and local guidelines and country specific legal requirements. The position also manages special projects as requested by the Global Manager HR and Operations Manager. Additionally, this position proactively maintains external relationships, like with (local) Government/Statutory Authorities.
Main focus areas are as follows:
- Coordination of all people-related services, policies, and programs i.e. recruiting, employee orientation and training; employee development and performance management, policy development and documentation; compensation & benefits administration and management, labor relation management and negotiation as well as payroll processing.
- Development and implementation of short- and long-term objectives for the location incl. budget planning and assurance.
- Assurance of 100% Statutory Compliance under various laws applicable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree from a four (4) year institution in Business Administration, Human Capital or any equivalent education and/or expertise; minimum of five (5) years professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate should be from manufacturing sector.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation & benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems. Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and the democratic political process.
- Experienced in payroll and benefit administration is a given.
- Fluent in English and Japanese (reading, writing and speaking).
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SAP (HCM module) working knowledge preferred. Knowledge with payroll system (ADP) is a given.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- An interesting job with perspectives and opportunities for your professional development
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package
- An international, highly motivated team with a spirit of performance, connectedness & appreciation